THE TRUTH

Struggle with thoughts of missing you
Struggle to remember that you were not real
 Your cover of darkness and lies burnished gold
Sweetest image belies the terror you hold
Patient   Drawing me into your hold 
To caress  then to grasp  then to break   my soul
I struggle with thoughts of missing you 
I must never forget
 That you only bring death


The Truth. I had a hard day. All the things that I thought were good, I had to fight to remind myself what it was truly about. He was good to me, to get me to soften, so he could break me down, and take control. The good times were not real for him. It was a way to open me up, to take all he could, and leave the remains.  

It's hard to grasp that there are people who purposely do this. I don't know if I'll ever be able to fully understand, but I'll somehow have to come to accept it. 

Comments

Popular Posts